Will I qualify for a First Home Owners Grant (FHOG)?

First home buyers may be entitled to a range of government grants and concessions that vary according to which state or territory you are buying your home in. The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) is the main source of financial support for first home buyers. It’s a one-off, tax-free payment to people buying their first home in Australia however state […]

Read More

How much deposit do I need?

The amount of your deposit is very important for several reasons: 100% loans typically no longer exist Generally it’s no longer possible to get a loan for the whole of a property’s purchase price. Most lenders will want you to put down at least 5% of the purchase price of the property. The rest – generally up to 95% – […]

Read More

What counts as genuine savings in a loan application?

If you apply for a home loan, particularly if the loan is for more than 80 per cent of a property’s value, you’ll more than likely have to prove to lenders that you have a satisfactory amount of savings. This is to demonstrate your ability to funnel a portion of your income into repayments. Although it can differ, in most […]

Read More
Download

Can I still get a loan without genuine savings?

For those who don’t have any genuine savings but still want to obtain finance, there are options These include: Guarantor loans – Having a guarantor on your loan may mean that no deposit is required, with the equity or asset the guarantor stakes standing in for a deposit. Other significant assets such as shares, managed funds and/or equity in residential […]

Read More
Download

36 suburbs set to surge

If you’re wondering where the next growth spurt is going to occur, read on as the team at onthehouse.com.au present their predictions as to which suburbs are going to grow strongly over the next five to eight years. VICTORIA fastest-growing suburbs NEW SOUTH WALES fastest-growing suburbs QUEENSLAND fastest-growing suburbs To discuss this article or anything to do with your finances, […]

Read More

A Positive outlook for Property Markets in 2015

The Year Ahead – A 2015 Outlook with Tim Lawless The housing market is moving into the 2015 calendar year with some substantial momentum, with dwelling values 8.5% higher compared with a year ago across the combined capitals. The growth comes on a backdrop of slowing conditions though, with the annual rate of capital gain peaking early in the year […]

Read More

36 suburbs set to surge

If you’re wondering where the next growth spurt is going to occur, read on as the team at onthehouse.com.au present their predictions as to which suburbs are going to grow strongly over the next five to eight years. VICTORIA fastest-growing suburbs NEW SOUTH WALES fastest-growing suburbs QUEENSLAND fastest-growing suburbs To discuss this article or anything to do with your finances, […]

Read More

Home values edge slightly higher

2 December 2013 – RP Data – Rismark Home Value Index Release Home values edge slightly higher in November Dwelling values across Australia’s capital cities increased by 0.1 per cent in November which was much lower than the increases of 1.6 per cent for September and 1.3 per cent for October. Today’s release of the RP Data-Rismark International Home Value […]

Read More

NSW Tenancy Laws

The Residential Tenancies Act 2010 was passed by Parliament in 2010 and the new laws will commence on 31 January 2011 which is just around the corner. Until then, the existing laws will continue to apply. The new Act follows a comprehensive review of the existing tenancy laws and includes more than 100 reforms. Some of the changes include: A […]

Read More